Childcare in the Lamoille South Region
A Memo From Superintendent Tracy Wrend
We have begun our work to understand and meet the childcare needs of essential workers per Governor Scott’s order. To see a list of those workers considered essential please visit the Vermont Department of Public Safety’s website.
Childcare providers in our region are ready to serve children of essential workers.
- MASP/Clubhouse Kids currently has space for as many as 36 children ages 8 weeks to 12 years old. You can find more information about MASP/Clubhouse Kids’ plan for care here, you can download a registration form here, and you can call 802-888-5439 for more information and to register your child.
- Apple Tree Learning Centers has space for up to 50 children ages 7 weeks through age 12. Information about Apple Tree Learning Centers is available here. If you are interested or have any questions you can reach out to Nicole Walker at 802-253-4321 or [email protected].
- Green Mountain Kids is also open and has space for children. Please contact them directly for more information. We will provide links and resources for these and other programs we learn about in the future.
If you are considered “essential” and need help requesting childcare, such as for placement elsewhere in Vermont, please take the following steps:
- Go to this new webform created for essential workers: https://webportalapp.com/webform/essentialworkers
- Complete the form including your contact information and someone will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss available child care resources.
- You can also dial 2-1-1 and press "6" to connect to someone about the available resources.
- If you need child care immediately, call 1-877-705-9008 to be directed to your local Child Care Support Agency.
This connection service for essential workers will be in effect while schools and general child care services are closed due to COVID-19.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions for Childcare Providers, please see this resource from the Vermont Department of Health Child Development Division.