Construct | Express | Act
A classroom of thinkers and problem solvers is one where students construct meanings and respond to complex situations using sound reasoning and creative thinking as they...
- Reflect on learning experiences and processes
- Effectively analyze and evaluate evidence, considering alternative points of view
- Solve problems in both conventional and innovative ways; transfer prior learning to obtain solutions
- Use information accurately and creatively for the issue or problem at hand
- Understand that creativity and innovation is a long-term, cyclical process of small successes and frequent mistakes
A classroom of effective communicators is one where students express ideas accurately, creatively, and effectively to a variety of audiences as they...
- Synthesize complex information and perspectives to create meaning
- Assume shared responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
- Utilize multiple media and technologies, and know how to judge their effectiveness
A classroom of personally and socially responsible citizens is one where students act upon their rights and obligations as informed, respectful individuals and citizens of a democratic and interdependent society.
- Develop personal and academic goals and design actions to achieve the goals
- Develop an understanding of their interdependence with the world